S&H Completes Sale of Dart Cup Plant
Augusta, GA – August 6th – Sherman and Hemstreet Real Estate Company is pleased to announce the sale of the Augusta Dart Plant for $4,000,000 to a local Augusta investment group. Charles Hock an associate broker of the firm represented the purchaser in the transaction. The facility is laid out for manufacturing and distribution and consists of over 380,000 SF and sits on 15.83 acres off of Wrightsboro Road.
Sherman & Hemstreet has a long history of industrial recruitment in the Augusta region. In 1983 a S&H represented Lily-Tulip in the relocation of its corporate headquarters to the same plant on Wrightsboro Road. The large white cup on the front of the facility has been an icon in Augusta for decades. The buyers plan to keep the cup on the front of the building. Vice President of S&H Charles Hock now has the building for lease and is in the process of recruiting users to Augusta to occupy the facility.
The plant was built in 1947 and has been home to multiple companies over the years. Dart Container Corp., used the building to produce its "Trophy" line of polystyrene cups, the plant was previously owned and operated by Solo Cup Co., Sweetheart Cup Co., and the Fort Howard Paper Co.
Joe Edge, President of Sherman and Hemstreet, said: “The demand for industrial space in Augusta remains strong and leasing volume has remained steady despite the COVID crisis. We are very optimistic that Augusta will continue to see strong industrial growth fuelled by our strong employment base and infrastructure in the region.”